With the updated Green Guide Rome in hand, travelers have all they need to unlock the citys secrets. Michelins celebrated star-rating system makes it easy to choose where to go, and what to see and do, in a city filled with world-famous historic sights, landmarks, museums, and panoramic viewpoints. Dedicated sections for Ancient Romeand the Vatican City, color photos, detailed maps and recommendations for hotels and restaurants round out the picture, so travelers can craft their own exciting travel adventures.
· Updated edition with full-color photos and plenty of detail travelers look for.
· Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelin's celebrated star-rating system, from the breath-taking three-star Trevi Fountain, immortalized in many films, to the one-star Porte Maggiore, built originally to carry the Claudian Aqueduct into the city.
· Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations and floor plans to zoom in on the highlights and masterpieces.
· Discover the different neighborhoods of the city; take a stroll through the Piazza Navoni area with its churches and palaces rich with murals, statues and art. Michelins multiple walking tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the city.
· Comprehensive illustrated sections on modern-day Rome, its art, architecture, history and culture, all written by experts in their fields.
· Sidebars throughout the guide focus on diverse topics such as Roman aqueducts, restoration of the Sistine Chapel, and the traditional Grand Tour during the 18C-19C.
· Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
· Includes recommendations for great places to eat and stay for every budget.
· Travelers to Rome looking for detailed travel information.
· Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences.