The updated Michelin Green Guide Languedoc Roussillon Tarn Gorges is your key to explore the dramatic south central area of France, from the Lozère region south to the Mediterranean and west along the Spanish border, and discover its varied landscapes and exciting history. The guide, with its color photos and maps, offers suggestions for activities, driving tours, and great places to eat and stay. With Michelins famed starrating system for reviewing attractions and trusted advice, you can craft your own unforgettable adventure.
· 8th edition, revised and updated, with full-color photos and plenty of details travelers look for.
· Attractions reviewed and rated, using Michelins renowned star-rating system, from the 3-star Millau Viaduct, the longest bridge in the world, to the 1-star town of LaGrasse and its 11th century humpbacked
· Driving tours abound in this guide, and youll find plenty of walking tours too. Michelins multiple walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the area.
· Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations to zoom in on the highlights and masterpieces.
· Sidebars throughout the guide on such intriguing topics as the definition of true Roquefort cheese and Catalan Midsummer celebrations.
· Illustrated sections on the region of Languedoc, Roussillon and Tarn Gorges today, its history, language and literature, architecture, art and culture, and naturewritten by experts in their fields.
· Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, including opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps.
· Includes recommendations for great places to eat and stay for every budget.
· Travelers to the French regions of Languedoc, Roussillon and the Tarn Gorges looking for comprehensive, detailed travel information.
· Discerning travelers seeking unique, enriching travel experiences.