Discover the beauty, culture and history of Switzerland on the 1,000-mile Grand Tour of Switzerlandùa road trip par excellence, subdivided into 11 shorter segments that inspire travellers to slow down, savour and explore.
The total circuit encompasses 22 lakes, 5 Alpine passes, 11 UNESCO World Heritage sites, and non-stop scenic views and attractions. The Michelin Green Guide Grand Tour of Switzerland with its star-rated sights, clear maps, recommended excursions, hotels and restaurants, plus walking and driving tours, makes for an incredibly rich travel experience.
* A bonus pull-out map of the entire circuit.
* An exciting new approach for exploring a country: a series of interconnected road trips arranged geographically for easy trip planning. .
* Attractions reviewed and rated, using MichelinÆs celebrated star-rating system, from the one-star ice grotto of Mittelallalin buried inside the depths of an ancient glacier, to the trendy vibes of cosmopolitan contemporary Zurich.
* Walk-throughs of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions; includes illustrations and floor plans to zoom in on the highlights and masterpieces.
* Discover SwitzerlandÆs hidden corners tucked away off the beaten path. Michelin walking and driving tours offer a more in-depth, personal experience of the country.
* Sidebars throughout the guide focus on intriguing topics, such as regional culinary specialties not to be missed and hotels that look like Alpine palaces.
* Detailed visitor information given for every attraction, including opening hours, entry fees, tour times, phone, website. Michelin area and city maps, including a removable map for quick reference.