This completely revised new edition features the best of California, which thanks to the film and television industries, can seem a familiar place to first-time visitors. Its sun-baked beaches, city streets, picturesque villages and desert canyons have appeared as settings for countless movies and TV shows. But beyond the familiar backdrops, an endlessly fascinating variety of sights, attractions and experiences invites exploration and enjoyment in the Golden State’s many regions. Tours, maps, full-colour photos, illustrations and plenty of new content help you to explore California, while Michelin's celebrated star-rating system and respected maps make sure you see the best that California has to offer.
Perfect for travellers seeking enriching experiences and in-depth information on their destination.
* Star-rated activities and detailed visitor information
* Unique driving & walking tours
* Colourful, easy-to-read maps throughout
* Lively introductions to the area, its people & culture
* Restaurant & hotel tips
* Family friendly advice
* Walk-through of major museums, galleries, churches and attractions